Non-profit grants, area pumpkin fields + road closures
Good Friday, neighbors. Here’s everything you need to know to start the day right. Here are the most important things happening in and around Ellington and Somers.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Periods of sunshine. High: 77 Low: 61.
Here are the best stories in Ellington-Somers today:
- Somers nonprofit grants of $ 20,100 (press release office)
- Thursday High School Scoreboard: Hartford and Tolland Counties (Enfield Patch)
- Who’s Coming, Who’s Going: The Latest Somers Home Sales (Patch Ellington-Somers)
- Where to Find the Best Pumpkin Patches in Ellington and Somers (Ellington-Somers Patch)
- Road closures announced ahead of President Joe Biden’s visit to Hartford (Torrington Register Citizen)
Today’s Ellington-Somers Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Ellington-Somers!
Today in Ellington-Somers:
- Fabulous farm finds online auction (6:00 am)
- Friends of the Somers Library Fall Used Book Sale (4:00 p.m.)
Ellington-Somers Patch Book
- Somers Congregational United Church of Christ: âThis is a busy Sunday October 17th at SCUCC. We will welcome three new members into the church and take a look at 1 Samuel 3: 1-21. Worship begins at 9:30 am and you can also join our Somers Congregation Youtube Channel UCC. Or … “(Facebook)
- The Ellington Roadrunners: “Who join me for scholarships and bingo prizes. $ 40 entry-10 games-3 chances per game to win !! December 4 at 7 p.m. on Zoom, grab your snacks and cocktails and let’s have fun. Click on the link below to buy your bingo tickets! Spread the … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Tim jensen
Tim Jensen is in his fourth decade of reporting on news and sports in north-central Connecticut. He currently oversees four Patch locations: Enfield, Windsor Locks-East Windsor, South Windsor and Ellington-Somers, and is also the Connecticut sports writer. He is President of the Connecticut Sports Media Alliance, and President of the prestigious Gold Key Dinner since 2015. He is Commissioner of Blitzkrieg! Pro, an independent professional wrestling promotion based in Enfield. Tim has two grown children: Alex, a student at Seton Hall Law School, and Mia, who is pursuing a doctoral program at Springfield College.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Ellington-Somers Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.